Saturday, August 26, 2017
8:30am – 10:15am
Race Kit Pickup & Race Registration
12:30pm – 3:00pm
Post Race Events
Swim – 1500m
The swim will take place off the beach in front of Main Beach Area. The course will begin about 50-75m off shore at a point where the water is thigh-deep. The swim courses will be triangular with the first leg of the swim covering the angled side of the course. Swim buoys will be kept to the left as you swim. Expect some chop, so be sure to landmark on a regular basis. Turn buoys will be the large 60″ buoys and intermediate buoys will be the smaller 40″ buoys. There will be at least 50-75m of water running before you reach the beach. The run-out travels straight up the beach, crosses Beach Drive before reaching the Transition Area. Water temperature is, on average, between 68F and 76F.
The bike course follows Mosely which becomes Main Street as it crosses the bridge over the Notawasaga River in a dedicated bike lane. You will be using the SAME LANE exiting the race site as returning to the race site. You will ride on the Left (English) side of the road on the way out and on the Right (North American) side of the road on the way back. RIDE WITH CARE while in the bike lane.
Athletes will be traveling on the East side of the bridge while leaving from, as well as returning to, the Transition Area. Once you have made the left turn onto River Road East the course begins to wind its way thought the quieter end of town. Here are the detailed directions and turns. Please read these while looking at the BIKE Course map.
- From the Mount Line, Travel East and then South on Main St crossing the Notawasaga River Bridge in the Left Lane
- Turn LEFT (East) on River Rd East
- Travel 2.5km East on River Rd East to Deerbrook
- Continue STRAIGHT on Deerbrook for 800m to the Turn-Around
- Turn-Around on Deerbrook and return the 800m back to River Rd East
- Turn RIGHT to head North and then Northeast on River Rd East
- At 6.5km, River Rd East Ends at Eastdale
- Turn RIGHT on Eastdale and travel 50m East on Eastdale to pick-up River Rd East again
- Turn LEFT (North) on River Rd East
- River Rd East becomes Tiny Beaches Rd
- Continue North on Tiny Beaches Rd
- Tiny Beaches Rd bend RIGHT at 9.3km as it becomes Lawson Rd as it heads Northeast
- Continue Northeast on Lawson Rd, which becomes Tiny Conc. 2 West, to Crossland Rd/Simcoe Rd. 29
- At 11.5km, Turn LEFT (North) on Crossland Rd/Simcoe Rd. 29
- Travel North on Simcoe Rd. 29 to Tiny Conc. 4 West
- At 14.1km, Turn RIGHT (East) on Tiny Conc. 4 West
- Travel East on Conc. 4 West
- At 20.5km, Turn RIGHT (South) on Simcoe Rd. 6
- Travel South on Simcoe Rd.
- At 25km, Turn Right (West) on Flos Rd 11. West
- Travel West on Flos Rd. 11 West
- At 31.5km, cross Simcoe Rd. 29 and continue West towards Wasaga Beach on Flos Rd. 11 West/Eastdale Dr.
- At 35km, Turn LEFT (Southwest) on River Rd East
- Travel Southwest on River Rd East
- At 37km, Turn RIGHT (West) on River Rd East
- Travel 2.5km West on River Rd East to Main St
- Turn RIGHT (North) on Main St and cross back over the Notawasaga River to reach the Dismount Line and the completion of the course
Run – 10km
The course travels West along Beach Drive to 3rd Street. At 3rd Street (NEW This Year) the course Turns Left (South) and rolls-up a small hill to reach Mosley St.
At Mosley, the course Turns Right (West) and you will run along North (i.e. Lake on your right) side of the road in a closed curb lane. The course continues West from 3rd St. all the way to 14th St. at approx. 2km at which point it turns Right (North) and begins a short loop
To complete the loop, you run North on 14th to Shore Lane, Turn Left (West) on Shore Lane and run to 16th St. At Shore Lane & 16th St you will pass an Aid Station and Turn Left (South), run 50m and then Turn Left (East) again to return to Mosley St.
You will now be running back towards the Race Site and will rejoin the Out-&-Back section of the course with 2km to go. Runners returning to the Race Site will be required to run facing traffic with the large Traffic Barrels on their Right and the smaller cones and oncoming runners on their Left. At the end of the long section along Mosley, the course Turns Left (North) on 3rd St with less than 1km to go and continues North towards the water.
When returning to Beach Drive on 3rd St. (you will know you are on course as you can see the lake in front of you) be sure to stay to the Left Hand lane until you reach the curbed lane on Beach Drive. Crossing the road to cut the distance will be treated as cutting the course, which can result in a DQ. This is for your safety as the traffic coming off Beach Drive is ONE-WAY in your direction.
There will be Aid Stations approximately every 1.25km serving Water and F2C HYDRA-DURANCE™ – click HERE for more information on F2C HYDRA-DURANCE™.